Wednesday, May 22, 2013

One Lap is done - time to rest

After One Lap Adele & I took a few days and came down to Cape May, NJ. The season starts this weekend, so we saved some $$ on the rates and are in a hotel across the street from the beach. This shot is from our ground floor patio window.

Lat night we walked about 2 miles looking for a place to eat dinner, and settled on "The Pier" just down the street from us. Let me say first, I have never had such a great tasting and well displayed dinner before. Adele had crab cakes, with mashed potatoes and some great orange crackers about 7" long, with 3 different sauces layered on the plate, each explained by our waiter. I had a pork chop, about 2 1/2" thick with the bone, oven fried potatoes, a roasted pear half and broccoli (that I did not touch). The chop and pear were covered lightly with a wonderful ? Au jus sauce? Very light and tasty. The chop was big and so delicious, I felt I could eat another even though I was full. We both were delighted to find such a great restaurant nearby, and even though we were one of only 3 couples there, the dinner was delightful. 
Later we traveled by car, to Washington Street Mall, a delightful, no car street, with many shops and - would you believe it, restaurants every block. We will go back there today for a more thorough visit and look into some shops. Last night we were more interested in Ben & Jerry's ice cream shop.

As for One Lap, I will be taking the car to LCBC's car show on June 8th and trying to raise some more dollars.

Remember, we are raising $$ for Pa Breast Cancer Coalition Nd appreciate any donations you could make. Checks should go to them at 344 N Reading Road, Ephrata, Pa, Attn: ONELAP 2013. Thank you for any donations in advance

No comments:

Post a Comment