Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thursday night = Pittsburgh, Pa

Ok, how many people have been in a motel with hardwood floors. Well Jim & I are right now, arrived at 11 pm and she gave us a great room right on the first floor. After helping with the driving all week, wouldn't you know it seems I have a case of rotator cuff pain. I was able to help get here, but I needed to lift my arm by crawling my fingers up the wheel. Setting the cruise control was the worst pain all night, and I wonder how I will sleep tonight. I just woke up this morning with a major case of, "What my arm won't work without shooting pains?
Oh well, tomorrow is another day, last day for road racing, using the course here at Pittsburgh Intl Race Complex.  This week has been successful in that (and I do not mean to jinx anything) Jim has been able to run every race and get points for each. Even with the AN-8 oil line to the oil cooler cut into by the power steering pulley. Our field fix has held great so far and looks like it will enable us to complete the One Lap with no DNS or DNF on our record. There have been many off road excursions during racing, but most just came through with a scuff on the side from tire walls. No one has been hurt, except for major suntans all around, and rain has stayed away except for the drag night.
Today was a 3 race day running; VIR North Course first, VIR South Course next, then adding them together and running the VIR Full course this afternoon. Tons of fun to watch and get pictures of. I took a video with Jim's camera, and as I thought, later in the car while driving I told him about the video on his camera and he looked at me and said, "It does videos?"
We have had a great time, and hate to ask, but we do need donations for PBCC.

Pictures will be mostly on Instagram under rstauffer43 if you are interested.

Remember, we are raising $$ for Pa Breast Cancer Coalition Nd appreciate any donations you could make. Checks should go to them at 344 N Reading Road, Ephrata, Pa, Attn: ONELAP 2013. Thank you for any donations in advance

No comments:

Post a Comment