Friday, April 1, 2011

PBCC Decal is on my Corvette

The last day of March, 2011, and the decals are on Jim's car and the PBCC decal is on mine.  Since my car only has the one decal on it, we enlarged it and gave it total prominence on the hood.  I think the white and pink on dark red look great!

The next task is to fill the hood, and then the rear deck with pink ribbons. For each $10 minimum donation, we will add a pink ribbon to my car and Jim's.  Jim's car is limited to how many we can apply, but mine is only limited by whatever is not yet covered.  Wouldn't it be great if I could cover the entire car in pink ribbons - and raise all that money for the PA Breast Cancer Coalition?  We leave on April 28th, but will be raising funds all year, until the last show in October.  I will be at as many car shows and autocrosses as I can this summer.

The worst part was having washed the hood to place the decal, and then Mother Nature had it rain and drizzle all day.  By the time I got to Elizabethtown to have the decal applied by SSC Tint & Graphics, the hood needed to be cleaned again.  He did a great job, only needing to know what size and color I thought the decal should be.  I told him as big as you can get on the hood and be easily read while driving.  I hope to be a good billboard for PBCC this year.

I ramble, so I should quit while ahead.  Look for more as we get closer to the races from April 30th - May 7th.  Remember 10 racetracks in 8 days with 3,600 + miles driven to get to all of them, with 1,200 + miles for Jim and I to get to the starting point and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment